About Barry Allswang M.D.
“In this age of increasing competition and choices in medical service, I feel it is more important than ever to communicate in clear, understandable terms so that patients can make informed choices.”
- National Board Of Medical Examiners – 1977
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine – 1980
- Fellow American College of Physicians – July 1992
- Wayne State University Detroit, Michigan – 1976
Internship & Residency
- St. Mary Medical Center UCLA School of Medicine Long Beach, CA – 1976-1979
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine – UCLA School of Medicine 1985-Present
- Clinical Instructor UCLA School of Medicine 1980-1985
AMA Physicians’ Recognition Award
- January 1995 – January 1998
- January 1992 – January 1995
- March 1989 – January 1992
- August 1986 – August 1989
- August 1983 – August 1986
- August 1980 – August 1983
Hobbies & Interests
Barry Allswang M.D. has been a resident of the Greater Long Beach area for over thirty years and is active in community events. He is the father of two daughters and grandfather to a grandson and granddaughter and his favorite hobby is tennis.
- An Open-Label, Multicenter No-Comparative Study of Oral Gatifloxacin in the Treatment of Community-Acquired Respirator tract infections (Acute Bacterial Exacerbation of Chronic Bronchitis, Acute Uncomplicated Maxillary Sinusitis and Pneumonia).
- The Micardis Community Access Trial (MICCAT) for treatment of blood pressure.
- ACEON community trial treatment of blood pressure in hypertensive patients.
- SMART (Salmeterol Multicenter Asthma Research Trial) A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled surveillance study of asthma event outcomes in Subjects receiving usual pharmacotherapy of asthma or usual pharmacotheray plus Salmeterol 42mcg (2 puffs) twice daily.
- Sanyo Park Davis Acupril Blood Pressure Study